- to offer (goods) for sale, as in the street
- (tr; often foll by about) to spread (news, gossip, etc.)
hawk /hk/ noun, verb
- a strong fast bird of prey (= a bird that kills other creatures for food): He waited, watching her like a hawk (= watching her very closely).—see also sparrowhawk
- a person, especially a politician, who supports the use of military force to solve problems dove
- [vn] to try to sell things by going from place to place asking people to buy them peddle: He made a living hawking cleaning products from door to door.
- [v, vn] to get phlegm in your mouth when you cough see eye n.